In a rush late for a date, you jump in your car, turn your key and nothing. Not a good start to the date that you’ve really been looking forward to. You try again hoping for the best and nothing, no purr, no click, no power, nothing.
Looks like it’s going to be a bad day. Frustrating to say the least but maybe you still have a chance. There are so many things under the hood that it can be. Where to start? To figure out aka diagnose the no-start problem at hand and get to your date (hopefully) you’ll need to start from the beginning, most common, and easiest resolution, hopefully it’s just my vehicle’s battery.
Did I foolishly leave my headlights on maybe? It looks like my lights are in the on position and my battery is completely dead, Hmmmmmmm. You hook up some jumper cables and begin the battery jump start process and yes you were a fool and accidentally left your head lights on all night long.
My Car Won’t Start Do I Need A Battery Jump?
It’s not always that easy of a resolution. What happens if you were not in Naperville but in the middle of nowhere, with no jumper cables, with nobody around to help? What if you were in such a secluded area that you have no phone reception and that you couldn’t call a local towing company near you that offers a jump start near me to come and save the day? In the long run it’s best practice to make sure your battery is up to par to prevent any unwanted and unneeded headaches that in most cases could have been prevented with a little preventative maintenance.
What works for others won’t always work for you. Wondering how to diagnose the no-start problem? Some things are simple to figure our while other things are a pain in the butt and in some cases a technical nightmare. Regardless, you’ll need to figure out why your car won’t start, or you won’t be going anywhere.
My Car Still Won’t Start?
Will your car not start? Trying to figure out what the problem is before making that phone call that may cost you money that you don’t want to spend?
- Do you have a dead battery? A dead battery is one of the most common reasons that our towing company is called. We hear it everyday, why won’t my car start? Maybe you have a battery tester laying around the garage, then check your battery to see what it is looking like. If you don’t have access to one, try to jump your car battery with some jumper cables.
- Is your battery extremely corroded. Corrosion on your battery posts & terminals are a tell tale sign of battery trouble. To make sure your battery stays healthy you must periodically check & clean your battery, posts & terminals. You may be suffering from a bad connection. If you are experiencing this issue clean your battery, make sure your terminals are tight and then try to start your car again. There are so many products on the market to clean & protect your battery sometimes it’s best to go to a parts store and ask what product they suggest and then ask for some advice on how to properly clean your battery. You can always pay a service shop to take care of it for you.
- Maybe you have a bad starter? The starter is responsible for physically turning over the engine. How many starts does it take to destroy a starter? It’s usually not a devastating altercation but a more gradual starting off as a intermittent problem. Which includes wondering why your battery keeps dying for no apparent reason and or in other cases a simple click. If this is an issue you are experiencing you should have it looked at ASAP and if need be have a new one installed before you are left stranded.
- Maybe your timing belt skipped a tooth? A vehicle’s timing belt is what turns and is in charge of opening and closing an engine’s valves properly. This is a very important task because if there is an issue the valves and pistons can catastrophically touch aka get to know each other well. An engine’s timing belt if applicable is the most important maintenance item of an engine. If the timing marks aren’t lined up an engine typically won’t start.
- Have you checked your distributor cap & rotor lately if ever? The distributor cap & rotor route voltage from the engine’s ignition coil through the ignition cable, spark plug wires, boots to the spark plugs. Over time they simply wear out due to moisture & electrical current but there are usually some warning signs if they aren’t replaced ahead of time as preventative maintenance. These signs include: engine misfiring, check engine light on and then the issue that you are trying to figure out hence your car not starting.
- Maybe it’s as simple as an overdue to be changed clogged fuel filter? A clogged fuel filter overtime will prevent fuel from flowing to the engine. Which in return will cause the engine to run poorly until it reaches the point of the infamous no start condition. At this point it will probably need to be towed to an automotive repair shop near you for replacement.
Do you need a jump start in Naperville, Aurora, or any surrounding Chicagoland Illinois? If you want a company you can count on, trust and that includes a cost effective price you found the right place. If you want the best you need to call the best. Call our team at 630-200-2731 for all your battery jump start & replacement service needs now, later, 24-7. How may we be of assistance?